Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 34

Hey folks

Im starting to loose track of time now. Not so much of a count up anymore. I think my body has given up any hope of smoking again although yesterday was just like smoking, how i got through it I do not know.

Anyway the thingie says 34 days and 25 days not smoking so Ill go with that!!

I have a confession to make. I have stopped taking champix. At first I just sort of forgot and then before I knew I was three days off of them so I just thought feck it I will say off. I am now cold turkey ha ha.

Im feeling grand, still got the dull pain thing going on but hey lifes a pain. However yesterday was pure pain. I went to visit a friend, a smoker friend. I ended up sitting in a closed room while this person chain smoked for a few hours and the smoke filled the room. I told them I didnt mind as I dont want to be one of those quitters but I could actually feel the second hand smoke going up my nostrils and hitting the back of my throat. It was actually like I was smoking. I had to go for fresh air. But I came out the other side still not smoking. Craving a small bit today actually. But no going back now!!

3 comments:

  1. i don't think i could have done what you did, Zoe. i could not sit in a room with a smoker, not yet. i can barely sit with people who are drinking (and i have 7+yrs of that in....) anyway today is kinda crave or cave day, but i am not gonna cave, too much invested in this non smoking thing. i'll be ok. it just takes time, i guess. you are so strong, you and TQ are doing so well. bestus and i are too, but it is still new, i guess we just need to get the 'hang' of it, right? have a great w/end. poet & k. :)

    ReplyDelete