Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 25

Day 25, 16 days off the smokes

This is starting to sound a bit like Big Brother, queue narrator in geordie accent "Its day 25 in the big anti smoking house and Zoe drags her blood soaked knuckles along the floor with drool dripping everywhere!"

Hah hah its not all that bad but having a rough few days of cravings. I think a combination of pre exam stress and cravings making things seem worse than they actually are.

Im not entirely sure what Champix is doing for me. Im too afraid to test out this theory just incase it gets proven wrong but I dont think it helps to block my cravings. I think it may do that for some people as it makes them so ill they cant possibly smoke, but for me I feel nothing. However I think it does plant a psychological trigger, a switch if you will allowing the desires to quit flood into an active part of the brain. Could I have come this far without the aid of champix? Probably, if I was in the right frame of mind. Champix is just that, the right frame of mind.

Poet and Kath goodluck with tomorrow, cant wait to see how you get on. Whatever you do dont start using any of the NRTs. There is no point adding nicotene to your system everyday but not allowing yourself to smoke! I read an article recently about Richard and Judy's (english chatshow stars) daughter who quit smoking through the gum, then got addicted to the gum for a further 10 years! I dont see any savings to be had there!

Anyway enough ramblings for one day
Until next time, keep popping!

2 comments:

  1. well, almost done day 1, zoe. have had a few 'times' today, but no smoking. we are firm in our resolve. it is not easy, and it is not fun, but we are gonna do it. champix is helping, and we are changing up the routines here too. that seems to be helping a bit too. anyway, thanks for comin over and checkin on us. means alot , thanks for the support.
    how did the exam go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good god, day two down. it is gonna get easier, right? thanks for checking on your 'favorite canadians' :) we're gonna make it, last night was a toughie tho. shall be back later....poet & k.

    ReplyDelete